What is a holistic personal trainer?
I conduct private personal training sessions that address many aspects of your lifestyle. Rather than focusing solely on your physical fitness and/or aesthetic goals, I’m also invested in the overall status of your general health and wellbeing. I believe in physical activity as an important piece of our puzzle, but not the complete solution for most people.
Why not just a trainer?
As a trainer, I constantly become frustrated that I’m in a position to limit my intervention to my clients’ physical fitness, when other aspects of their lives, such as their mental, emotional, physiological, and spiritual wellbeing influence their overall health so heavily. I started this career as “just” a personal trainer, and then a few things happened:
- I began to struggle with my own rapid 150-pound weight loss, which then prompted me to…
- Stop listening to society about how to treat my body in order to become “healthy,” and instead conduct a lot of my own research on health, fitness, food and the food industry, nutrition, weight loss, fitness, endocrinology, metabolism, neuroscience, physiology, biology, psychology, sociology, and other related areas of interests
- I loved seeing how much my training sessions doubled for my clients as therapy sessions, and it propelled me into realizing another one of my passions and ultimate life goals: pursue the field of Social Work, therapy, counseling, and mental health
- I became too invested in my clients’ lives outside of the gym to just send them off with a few diet and exercise tips having just heard about everything else going on in their busy, complicated, emotional lives with which I knew they, like I, needed more help
- Certified Personal Trainer (ACE)
- Certified INSANITY Group Fitness Instructor
- TRX Functional Training Certified – also includes kettlebells, sandbags, medicine balls, and battle ropes
- Integrative Nutrition Holistic Health Coach (Institute for Integrative Nutrition, 2017)
- Master of Social Work, NYU, 2019